In general，laws for children are a good thing.
One hundred years ago in industrial countries, children worked 18 hours a day in a factory at age seven. The factory owner could beat a child who fell asleep or was not fast enough. Both parents and teachers could do the same.
Today, there are many laws about children all over the world. Some people think children must obey rules or they should be punished，others do not agree. The Inuits or Eskimos in Alaska almost never punish their children. The parents don’t hit them. If the children go too far，the parents punish them by making fun of them.
Children in other parts of the world are not as lucky as Eskimo children. American parents can spank(打……臀部) their children at home，but a teacher cannot hit a child in a public school. This is also true in Germany. In contrast(对比), it is against the law for anyone to hit a child in Sweden. Swedish parents cannot spank their children. The children also have a special government official who works for their rights. There is even a plan for children to divorce from their parents though this is not a law yet!
16. How were children treated in industrial countries 100years ago?
17. What does the author mean by “go too far?”
18. Can a teacher in Germany hit his students in public school?
19. What kind of people can beat children in Sweden?
20. What does it mean by “a plan for children to divorce from their parents?”
16. They were treated very badly.
17. Do something too much.
18. No, he can’t.
19. None can do that.
20. A plan for ending the children’s relationship with their parents.
- [独家]黑龙江省鸡西市第一中学2011届高三第二次模拟考试试题 2019-07-07 22:21:57
- 天津：本科一批征询志愿填报工作开始 2019-05-14 11:44:20
- 骰宝大小单双部继续停止中国防卫科技学院(筹)07年招生 2019-06-14 22:38:29
- 【同步讲堂】高二化学选修四下学期同步讲解视频（人教版） 2019-07-03 15:35:07
- 2014中考英语备考专项练习之情态动词(38) 2019-05-08 16:36:59
- 考前支招：2015中考六大注意事项 2019-05-27 13:24:16
- 【高三错题本】这样用更有效 2019-06-24 09:55:11
- 国防部：中国军队能保卫钓鱼岛 日方拿鸡毛当令箭 2019-03-31 15:29:57
- 揭秘高价“1对1”培训 2019-07-07 07:18:02
- 广东省广州市第一中学 2019-07-08 12:18:19